Let’s jump into the discussion.
When a countertop is in use daily, you should also clean it daily. I am not talking about cleaning it after every use but consider cleaning it at least once a day.
- Stains from liquids like wine, tea, coffee, soda, etc. can be permanent. Never give these stains a chance to become dry. Clean your white quartz countertops instantly.
- Clean up with a bar of mild dish soap or detergent and a soft cloth or rag or sponge. If they become dried accidentally, no need to worry about it. A safe glass or surface cleaner can solve this problem successfully.
- Never use any abrasive cleaners as it can be destructive for your white quartz countertops.
- You can use a plastic putty knife to scrape off any hardened dirt.
The below methods will help you to face more tough cleaning process. Use these methods for cleaning quartz countertops if the following types of messes occur:Greasy Dirt
- You cannot effectively clean oil or cooking greases with routine cleaning. Use a degreasing agent to handle it.
- Degreasing agents loosen and remove greasy dirt from the quartz surface.
- Always follow the manufacturers’ instructions to use a degreasing agent or highly alkane or acidic bar.
- If you are not sure about using degreasing agents, then you can follow the routine cleaning process. But it will take an amount of time.
Permanent Color Stains
- Preventing stains is easier than cleaning. So, try to decrease the possibilities of getting stains.
- Any coloured stain like a permanent marker can be disastrous for your white countertops. These stains are even more challenging and hard to remove, although quartz is stain-resistant.
- Goo Gone or a similar product can help you in this condition. They are popular for removing ink or marker stains.
- Rub it into the stain and wait for becoming dark.
- Then, rinse it with warm water and repeat the whole process again and again until it gets cleaned fully.
- Sometimes a deep clean is highly beneficial for your countertops. It helps quartz countertops remain new for long.
- If you use your countertops frequently, you should clean it deeply once a week. If you haven’t enough time, at least give it a deep clean once a month.
- All you need to do is, take a non-abrasive glass cleaner and spray it plentifully.
- After 10 minutes, wipe away with a non-scratch rag. That will enough for the deep cleanse.
Disinfecting (viruses and germs)
You should disinfect your quartz countertops daily. Disinfecting keeps your countertops safe from bacteria, viruses, and other germs. Follow the below steps:
- 1. Remove all appliances from the countertops to get access to the whole surface.
- 2. Dry clean the surface and sink to remove scratches.
- 3. Spray a solution of isopropyl alcohol and wait for a minimum of 1 minute.
- 4. Now rub gently using a soft sponge to break greasy marks and add more solutions if required.
- 5. After that, rinse with warm water and wipe away using a towel.
Common Mistakes in Cleaning
The above instructions are easy to follow. And the below instructions will make it easier to follow. Here are some common mistakes we do when we clean our white quartz countertops:
Quartz countertops can last for a lifetime with genuine protection. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing materials to clean white countertops. Abrasives or acidic cleaners can damage quartz surfaces. Wiping away with soapy water is the perfect solution for this.
Always confirm whether your quartz company permits the cleanser or not. You should look for a cleanser which is stronger but won’t cause any damage to your countertops.
Not only acidic or alkaline cleaners but also bleach and oven cleaners are also harmful to the countertops. In case if these harsh cleaners fall on your white countertops, instantly wash out the surface with water.
You cannot clean your countertops with any heat-based methods or products. Temperatures above 300 Fahrenheit can melt down your quartz countertops.
If temperature changes quickly, it will create a thermal shock. Thermal shock can break down the surface. All of your cleaning processes should be at room temperature. Sometimes, you can use warm water or mildly warm things to clean if it’s a necessity.
I think you will be able to maintain the charm of your quartz countertops by following the above guideline. Even a pure white-coloured quartz countertop can run for many years with proper care.
It is being said that, “Preventing is better than cure.” So, consider “Not to Do’s” strongly. You will simply avoid the problems related to cleaning.