To have clean and safe drinking water at home, this is what most people want. Sadly, such is elusive for many because tap water is often filled with contaminants and pollutants that can have a negative impact of its quality and safety. With this, start your search now for the best reverse osmosis system.
To make things easier for you, we have gone through reverse osmosis system reviews and below are six of the best options we have found.
Using a reverse osmosis system is one best way to produce clean water for the household. This solution is highly efficient and removes up to 99 percent of the floating contaminants. In this article, you will find the top 10 RO systems worth buying.
Top Picks : 5 Best Reverse Osmosis System
Top 10 Best Reserve Osmosis Consumer Reports Reviews
1. iSpring RCC7 – Built in USA, WQA Certified Reverse Osmosis 5-Stage
- Clean Water at an Affordable Price
- NSF Storage Tank
- Easy to Install
- Exemplary Customer Service
- Short Filter Life
- Connector Made from Plastic
Are you looking for an affordable way to provide the household with clean drinking water? This model is perhaps the solution that you are waiting for. Given its affordable price tag, it can provide the best bang for the buck, especially as it is rich in terms of features that make it comparable to those that can be found in the higher end of the market. It filters water in five different stages and can eliminate up to 99% of contaminants and pollutants. The system itself can filter up to 75 gallons of water in a day while it has a tank that can hold up to 3.2 gallons of water. It should also be highlighted how a lot of users have expressed words of praises when it comes to ease of installation. Its short filter life span and plastic connectors, however, can be a problem.
2. APEC – Top Tier – Built in USA – Ultra Safe, Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ROES-50)
- Affordable Price
- Treats Different Kinds of Water
- Easy to Install
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Smart Design
- Extensive Life Span of Filters
- Under-the-Counter Design
- High Pressure Faucet
- No Notification Alert
- Does Not Add Back Healthy Minerals
If price is your main consideration when looking for the best option for reverse osmosis system, there is no doubt that APEC Water ROES-50 will prove to be an excellent pick. It is one of the most affordable, yet high-quality choices available in the market. It has a 5-stage filtration process and can eliminate almost all types of contaminants in your drinking water. It is built in the USA and has a US-based customer support that can ensure immediate response if you have any concern about the product. In addition, it is also worth highlighting that it is excellent when it comes to ease of use. Right out of the box, it can be installed in a breeze under the sink as the manufacturer provides comprehensive instructions. One thing that is missing, however, is a notification system for changing the filters.
3. Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis Under Counter Water Filtration System, White
- Easy Installation
- Long Lasting Filters
- High Faucet Flow Rate
- Single Filter and Filter Housing Design
- Low Production Rate
- Leaking Issues
Reverse osmosis systems are popular because of their ability to remove contaminants and pollutants in tap drinking water. In the case of this model, it does not only eliminate impurities, but also adds back essential nutrients to the water during the process of purification. This is made possible through the Full Contact technology. The extended life of its filter is also worth commending. This model also comes with a single filter and housing design, which means that they should be changed simultaneously. This is better as it will give you the confidence that the sediments and contaminants will be completely eliminated upon changing the filters. However, it may not be the perfect choice for people who have limited budget as it is pricier than most of the other choices within the product category. Also, with its 50-gallon filtration capacity, you might also find it quite limited compared to other models within the same price range.
4. APEC Water – Top Tier – Built in USA – Certified Ultra Safe, High-Flow 90 GPD Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (RO-90)
- Removes 99% of Contaminants
- High Capacity Filters
- High Flow Rate
- Durable Construction
- Worry-Free Maintenance
- No Process of Remineralization
- High Price of Filters
This reverse osmosis system has a 5-stage filtration process, making it possible to get rid of even the tiniest contaminants in every stage. After the fifth stage, as water is transferred to your glass, you can be assured that it will be crisp and clean-tasting. The product comes with a durable body that is also maintenance-free. More so, it is also worth noting that it comes with a high-capacity filter. You only have to replace the filter once in a year, yet you can be assured that it will deliver superior filtering performance. The manufacturer is offering a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. They also have reliable customer service for round-the-clock assistance. One problem, as noted by many users, is that it does not bring back minerals to water. Its filters are also expensive.
5. Home Master TMULTRA Ultra RO Undersink Reverse Osmosis System, White
- Sleek Design
- Modular Design of Filters
- Harnesses the Power of UV Lights
- Long-Lasting Filters
- Better Flow Rate
- Issues of Leaking
- Expensive Price
The integrated UV light in its chamber is perhaps one of the best things about this reverse osmosis system. The use of UV light has been approved by the EPA as one of the safest ways for sterilization of water. More so, this product has also been a popular choice because of its modular filter design. You will change not only the filter, but also the filter housing, making it easy to get rid of sediments and deposits. The flow rate of this model is also exceptional. More so, the extended life of the filters is also commendable. However, in exchange of being able to enjoy innovative features, be ready to spend as this model is more expensive that many other options within the competitive landscape.
6. iSpring RCC7AK – Built in USA, WQA Certified Reverse Osmosis 6 Stages
- Exemplary Customer Support
- Large Membrane
- Replenish Minerals
- Six Sets of Filters
- Easy Installation
- Leaking Issues
- High Maintenance
With the use of this reverse osmosis system, your drinking water will undergo six stages of filtration. In every stage, the system is able to filter out contaminants and other impurities that should not reach your glass. Its extensive features include storage tank valve, automatic shutoff, integrated stylish faucet, and water detector or flood alarm. It also comes with a money-back guarantee for a period of 30 days. The customer support of the company is also exceptional, providing you with the assurance that assistance is within reach. More so, it should be also pointed out that it does not only eliminate contaminants, but it also brings back the nutrients that should be present in the water that you are drinking. You will also surely enjoy its ease of installation. However, expect this to be demanding in terms of maintenance. Some also reported leaking, so keep an eye.
7. Brondell RO Circle Reverse Osmosis System
The Brondell RO Circle features a small and solid design. This makes it very easy to install and it works efficiently. Simply assemble the filtering system, by twisting and sealing, thanks to the included instructions manual. Additionally, the unit will look good as it saves a lot of space. Changing its filters is as well easy and it takes a few minutes.
This unit comes with all that you need to install it and have it running. The connectors are coloured, and installation instruction included, so in less than an hour it will be working. This system does not use electricity, so it fits well below the kitchen counter. It cuts worries about power outlet located far away or even short power cords.
With its four filtration stages, the model works with a 2:1 efficiency ratio. This means each gallon of purified water produces an average of 2.1 gallons as wastewater. This is not a large volume, and, in a day, it produces about 50 gallons.
Its faucet is stylish with a chrome surface, and an integrated LED light to alert on when to change the filters.
- No electricity required.
- Very efficient.
- Compact design saves space.
- Poorly made intake valve.
- Fragile parts.
- Hard to get replacement parts
8. Express Water Alkaline Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
The Express Water ROALK10DCG certainly is one of the best RO systems in the market. The model works efficiently thanks to its 6-step filtration procedure. This means even the poorest water type is completely remineralized. Thanks to the used Active Mineral Tech that adds what the body needs from the water. Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium and extra minerals are available from the water
The system has all its filters particularly engineered to run together. That way you get the safest and best water tastes worth drinking. It has wastewater to a pure water efficiency ratio of 2:1 to give you the health that you need. The stunning filter system also removes up to 99percent of contaminants from the water source. What comes out is improved taste and healthier water.
Installing this RO system is quite easy, so you do not need to add expenses of hiring an expert. Even without experience you will understand the parts and do it yourself in less than two hours. The number of filters will not be a hindrance to the process. All are color-coded so finding the exact pace becomes easy. In no time the unit will be up and running.
- Easy to install
- Better tasting water
- Finding matching filters is hard
- Sometimes it trickles
9. Hydro-Logic 31035 100-GPD Stealth-RO100 Reverse Osmosis Filter
If you are looking for a complete game-changer in the household water filtration, then Hydro-Logic 31035 100-GPD will win. This unit saves a lot of space thanks to its compact design without a tank. Its slim body does not compromise on effectiveness and efficiency. Yes, it has a huge filtration accuracy due to the included two-stage filters. That feature ensures that the water is contaminant free by 98%. The result is healthy and tasty water.
The amazing design features Stealth RO100 filter to produce about 100 gallons’ ultra-pure water daily with low PPM. The system removes chlorine without alkalizing the water. Its waste is slightly low by 25 percent, unlike other units.
Its installation is relatively straightforward and will not cause any troubles. The process of changing the filters takes seconds because you just twist and remove it. With this unit, you cut on the need for hiring a plumbing expert. Remember it should never be positioned sideways to avoid malfunctioning or leakages. Its RO filters can go to around two years, although it is advisable to replace it after six months.
- High-quality design
- Effectively removes contaminants
- Less wastage
- Affects water pressure.
- Poor customer service
- Leakage problems’
10. Countertop Portable Universal 5-stage Reverse Osmosis RO Purification Water System
Reverse Osmosis Revolution is known to make the best Countertop RO filtration systems. This high-quality model filters using 5 stages to deliver clean, healthy, and pure water. Thanks to its lightweight, it is portable and suitable for use at homes, in apartments, RVs, or even when traveling.
The featured membrane produces 75 gallons daily and up to 3 gallons hourly. This unit connects well to most faucets whether installed in the kitchen or bathroom. The system removes up to 600 contaminants found in household water. Its sediment filter eliminates dust, dirt, and rust. Also, its carbon filter is coconut activated to eliminate VOCs, chlorine, and other harmful chemicals. The water produced has better odor, taste, and color.
The type of RO membrane in its third stage has TFC to remove a lot of TDS, extra elements, and different harmful contaminants. Its fourth stage includes a bed of mixed polishing filter that cleans the water further and removes UV radiation. The final stage has a T33 filter for filtering any contaminant left behind.
The filter works well up to 8 – 12 months and the membrane goes to 3 years without replacement.
- Compatible with any faucet
- Easy to install
- It has no storage tank.
- The unit manually turned on and off.
- Connection not very tight
Advantages and Disadvantages of Reverse Osmosis System
Although tap water often looks clear while pouring out, it still has some levels of trace elements. These are often considered as unwanted contaminants to the body. The amounts consist of nitrates, lead, and nitrites that are highly dissolved as solids. Problems often arise when you consume a huge quantity of the substances. Solids generally are hard to the kidneys especially if you are suffering from kidney stones. Softened water has extra sodium levels, which can weaken people with medical conditions. Through the RO process, the levels are effectively taken down to produce clean and healthy water.
On the other side, even though the idea of drinking ultra-clean water is fantastic, it also comes with its detractors. It is believed that the process of removing all the impurities, reverse osmosis, decreases the number of valuable minerals. Water often has good quantities of magnesium and calcium which is good for children and adults. The downside of RO in water is that the essential elements are significantly reduced. Thus, generally, there will be none to aid in muscle and heart health. The households that rely completely on reverse osmosis as the main water source can have its members suffering from side effects including tiredness, general body weakness, muscle cramps, and, in severe instances, cardiovascular illnesses. Also, drinking the water dilutes the level of electrolytes in the body.
Is reverse osmosis water healthy for you?
- Reverse osmosis is an effective water screening method. That means it filters possibly every harmful element. The value, therefore, makes healthcare experts recommend drinking RO water greatly.
How much does it cost to install a reverse osmosis system?
- The precise estimate mostly depends on the type of RO system to be installed. The whole unit for a house can be super complex so it may take time and money. There is no specific standard, but all will provide the highest quality of water. Thus, it is hard to name the exact price.
Do you need a water softener with reverse osmosis?
- Installing water softeners often makes you feel confident with the water at home. The truth is even after processing the water impurities remain. Used together with a RO system impurity will be removed and even the traces of sodium left during the softening process.
What is not removed by reverse osmosis?
- RO is known to remove most impurities found in water making it safe for home use. But some contaminants cannot freely pass the membrane. The elements include asbestos, lead, dissolved organics, and other poisonous heavy metals.
Do reverse osmosis filters remove bacteria?
- Absolutely, reverse osmosis removes bacteria from drinking water. However, some amounts will pass through the membrane and then multiply on that side.
How long do reverse osmosis filters last?
- Essentially like other appliances, RO units can stay longer if regularly serviced. That means replacing parts that are worn out including faucets and storage tanks. A membrane can last between 2 to 5 years, but this depends on the type of water being processed.
Can bacteria grow in RO water?
- Yes, RO removes bacteria and viruses from drinking water. But the system has membranes with holes that the smallest number of bacteria. The ones that are not filtered out can grow in the tank.
- Water is essential for life. Therefore, everyone should greatly prioritize having clean drinking water. Of course, not all regions have the same water quality due to varying contaminant levels. To combat the potential negative impacts like health safety considering RO Systems is worth it. this improves taste and even color.
Do not just choose any product for the best reverse osmosis system. Consider the brands and models mentioned above. These products deliver excellent filtration capability, easy to install, comes with an innovative design, and promises safe drinking water all the time. Many reverse osmosis system reviews have supported our claims that these are indeed some of the best options you will ever be confronted with.