Have you ever tried producing eye-catching vegetable spirals, ribbons, noodles, and other creations but they don’t come out right? If that ever happened to you, the blame might be the kitchen appliance you are using.
If you are not using an electric spiralizer, you might continue to have less than perfect results trying to make an impression with vegetables.
There are great electric spiralizers that you can buy for your kitchen. With such versatile equipment, you may be wondering: What is the best Spiralizer to buy?
We have answer for it on this whole article.
Let’s check out five of the best electric spiralizers for your kitchen which you can use to produce healthy and mouth-watering vegetable creations that even your children will love.
Best Electric Vegetable Spiralizer : Editor’s Pick
Best Electric Vegetable Spiralizer: A Complete Buying Guide
But, before you dive in, here are a few considerations when buying a spiralizer.
- Quality – Not every zoodler does a good job of producing the best quality veggie spirals. A lot depends on the quality of the electric spiralizer to deliver the best result without wasting your food. Spiralizers that only convert part of the vegetable into attractive spirals are not as effective as those that consume the entire vegetable. Some zoodlers even convert vegetable into mush – not exactly what you were hoping for. This problem may be as a result of their blades getting dull, or the spiralizer was a bad quality one from the start. So, before you buy, check the descriptions and watch any demonstrations of the spiralizer you are interested in.
- Your budget – While price shouldn’t be the deciding factor (there are other crucial considerations) you may need to factor it in your spending decision. If you can go for the higher priced option, then, by all means, aim for the best electric spiralizer being offered. For smaller budgets, however, the best electric spiralizer options might be much slimmer. For a higher price, expect more features in your electric spiralizer, such as additional blades, convenience, and durability.
- Your storage options – Buying an additional kitchen appliance means you must find space to keep it when you are not using it. If already you are running out of storage space in your kitchen cupboard or countertop, then a larger table top spiralizer might be problematic. If space is no problem for you, then go ahead and buy the model you desire.
- How easy it is to use – Your choice of spiralizers boils down to whether you prefer the tabletop model or a handheld model. The tabletop model is easier than the handheld model to use. With the tabletop spiralizer you don’t need to exert any energy unlike the handheld, which you need to crank manually. That said, most tabletop zoodlers are very easy to use. Check out the reviews and what customers are saying about the type of spiralizer that is much easier to use.
- How easy it is to clean – With so many small parts, that are also sharp, your spiralizer can be quite challenging to clean. Not only do you need to ensure that every part of the spiralizer is clean for use the next time around, but it must be free of food residue that may cause the build-up of germs and bacteria. Some parts of the electric spiralizer can be cleaned inside a dishwasher, but other components must be cleaned manually.
- How durable it is – You would like to have your electric spiralizer for a long time so the stronger and longer-lasting it is, the better. Read the reviews and look for the zoodler that has been around for years. Customer complaints of spiralizers falling apart as soon as they use them should be taken seriously. Only go for the models that are known to be long-lasting, as well as those with a strong warranty from the manufacturer.
Top 5 Best Electric Vegetable Spiralizer Reviews
#1 Veggie Bullet Electric Spiralizer Review
Healthy eating has become much easier with the Veggie Bullet Electric Spiralizer and Food Processor. Anyone familiar with the Nutribullet food processor will immediately appreciate the Veggie Bullet. Preparing meals is much faster, and you can quickly make your favorite vegetable meals that your whole family can enjoy.
The Veggie Bullet is easy to operate, and with a touch of a button, you can prepare nutritious vegetable spirals out of zucchini, cauliflower, and other vegetables. The Veggie Bullet is a three in one shredder, slicer, and spiralizer. It is equipped with a range of blades that you can fit into the unit for different spirals and shredding. Everyone in your family will enjoy the variety of nutritious vegetable meals you can whip up from your kitchen with the Veggie Bullet Electric Spiralizer and Food Processor.
- The Veggie Bullet does three functions – slice, shred, and spiralize;
- Transform vegetables into meals your entire family can enjoy;
- Veggie Bullet is versatile so you have endless possibilities in the kinds of veggie meals you can prepare;
- It is easy to put together, and it can be cleaned in your dishwasher;
- Blades are made of durable stainless steel.
- Chopping blades are not included;
- It does not work well with hard foods like potatoes;
- It traps a build-up of food particles inside the spindle of each blade that is difficult to clean.
#2 Hamilton Beach Electric Spiralizer Review
Upgrading to an electric spiralizer is an option you can choose with confidence, thanks to the Hamilton Beach Electric Spiralizer. Now you and your family can continue to enjoy vegetable spirals that add a touch of pizzaz to your dishes. Operate like a professional chef in your kitchen as you quickly prepare your favorite zucchini noodles, salads, and other vegetable and fruit spirals.
Hamilton Beach spiralizer is a four in one machine that allows you to process vegetables in a variety of ways. Not only is the Hamilton Beach easy to assemble, but it is also easy to clean and maintain. Your Hamilton Beach electric spiralizer is fully equipped to produce vegetable ribbons, noodles, and shreds. This spiralizer is also easy to use, and you don’t have to spend a long time learning to carry out complicated operations. Another feature that sets this spiralizer apart from the rest is its quiet operation. It is also safe to use, and there is no risk of injury (unlike manual spiralizers).
- Very quick and easy to operate for producing your favorite vegetable spirals;
- It comes equipped with four cutting cones for linguine, spaghetti, ribbon, and fettucini;
- You have a wide variety of ways to prepare vegetable salads, noodles and other meals with the Hamilton Beach spiralizer;
- This spiralizer is supplied with six cup bowls and lids;
- It holds the food firmly with the metal food grip.
#3 BLACK and DECKER Electric Spiralizer Review
From the trusted BLACK+DECKER brand comes the SFP1000B Electric Spiralizer. With this easy to use appliance, you can explore all the possibilities in healthy meal preparation. Enjoy the ease and flexibility offered by this versatile processor. It is equipped with six blades for making noodles, slices, spirals, ribbons, shreds, and wavy cuts. With such a wide variety of styles, you won’t run short of creative ideas to keep your family eating healthy.
Keeping your blades and other parts clean is quite easy, and the spiralizer is also easy to store when you stack the bowls and sections into each other. Experience the speed and power of the BLACK+DECKER Electric Spiralizer. So, whether you are a healthy eater, a busy professional, or have dietary restrictions, the BLACK+DECKER electric spiralizer is the way to go.
- With six blades, the BLACK+DECKER spiralizer gives you limitless possibilities for meals – thick and thin noodles, noodle ribbons, wavy cuts, and thick and thin slices;
- You can get the most out of every vegetable and fruit with this electric spiralizer; Your fruits and vegetables won’t be wasted with this appliance;
- Designed with a continuous chute, so you don’t need small bowls when you spiralize your vegetables and fruits;
- You receive a recipe book, cleaning brush, and a bag for storing the spiralizer.
#4 NutriChef Electric Food Spiralizer Review
Create fun yet healthy salads and vegetable meals with the NutriChef Electric Food Spiralizer. This appliance features three food processors in one. With this food processor, you can make zoodles, shreds and slices, stringy spirals, and chopped veggies.
With this versatile appliance in your kitchen your entire family, even the kids, will enjoy eating vegetable in so many ways. The design is simple. It features cutting blades that you can interchange. Not only is the NutriChef safe to put anywhere on your kitchen countertop; but it is also safe for cleaning in your dishwasher (not the main unit though!). As a safety feature, your NutriChef won’t start until all parts are assembled correctly. It is quite easy to operate your NutriChef – it’s like creating fantastic vegetable meals without the fuss.
- The NutriChef is a versatile three in one food processor which slices, chops, and makes stringy spirals for many different vegetable garnishes, salads, noodles, pasta, etc.;
- Designed with an electrical plug and power cord (3.3 ft.) and can be placed on your table or countertop;
- Three blades are provided for cutting which you can interchange – fine chop, spiral cutting blades, and coarse chop;
- Every part can safely be removed from the main unit – the feeder chute, the food plunger, drive sleeve, cutter blades, and beaker.
- This electric spiralizer is made of materials that are safe around food – stainless steel blades and engineered ABS plastic.
- The collection bowl can hold 1.2 liters.
- You can only choose white as there are no other colors.
- The feeder tube is only big enough for carrots so you will have to cut other veggies like zucchini first.
#5 KitchenAid KSM1APC Spiralizer Review
It’s easy to keep your family eating healthy with the KitchenAid Spiralizer attachment. Get into your creative mood and prepare healthy and tasty vegetable dishes with this versatile appliance. Any fresh veggie and fruit recipe can be quickly prepared with the help of the spiralizer attachment. The KitchenAid comes with four interchangeable blades as well as a peeling blade that you can choose to use.
So, if you are buying a spiralizer for the first time or are upgrading from a manual spiralizer, you can be sure that the KitchenAid will be worth the money. That said, you may find that the KitchenAid works better with vegetables that have small diameters. You will have to cut larger veggies first before skewering on the spiralizer.
- Offers different spiralizing blades for slicing large and small core, fine and medium slicing, and peeling;
- Powered by a motor to operate the spiralizer blades;
- Made of high-quality metal for lasting performance. It is stable when you connect it with a stand mixer;
- Can be stored easily in its storage case.
- The skewer tends to make a hole in the vegetable instead of securing it for spiraling.
How to Choose an Electric Vegetable Spiralizer
One of the fastest growing alternatives to pasta is vegetable pasta.
Pasta made from vegetables are much better for you than pasta made from starch, and even pasta made from eggs.
Zucchini is one particular vegetable that can be used to make pasta. The result is what many call a “zoodle.”
Doing this will require you to slice vegetables in the same way that the wheat that pasta is made from needs to be sliced: In a spiral type of pattern.
The problem is that slicing vegetables in a spiral pattern is much, much more difficult than it is to slice pasta in a spiral pattern.
If you are considering this kind of undertaking you have two choices:
First, you can manually try to cut the vegetables yourself. Unless you are really experienced at spiral cutting, this will probably not end well.
Another thing you can do is use an electric spiralizing tool to cut the vegetables in the proper spiral pattern. If you are not very experienced in spiral cutting, you should consider this option.
Things to Have in an Electric Vegetable Spiralizer
Going out and grabbing the first available electric spiralizer is not a good idea. Different spiralizers exist for different reasons, and not every spiralizer serves the same purpose.
i. Storage and Space
Probably the first thing that you will want to consider is the storage and the amount of space you have in your kitchen for the spiralizer. Like the spiralizers that make pasta, you are going to need a lot of room for a vegetable spiralizer.
Some spiralizers take up a lot of space but can make a lot of pasta, and some do not take as much space but will not make a lot of pasta. It’s a simple concept, but you need to address it if you are looking for a spiralizer.
ii. How Much Effort do You Mind Putting in Using the Spiralizer?
Right along with the size and space of these spiralizers is the degree of how easy they are to use. This is something else that you need to consider.
A rule of thumb to follow here is that the bigger the spiralizer, the easier it will be to use. The smaller spiralizers will require a lot more arm strength and work to use.
Don’t rule out all of the smaller tabletop models, however. There do exist tabletop models of spiralizers that do not require so much arm strength and work.
If you can stand to apply some arm strength to an electric spiralizer, feel free to go for the smaller models that require it a little more. But if you have the room for it, go for a larger model. You’ll not only be able to make more pasta, it will be a lot easier.
iii. What Kinds of Zoodles do You Plan on Making?
Noodles can be made not from zucchini but from other kinds of vegetables as well. Carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, radishes, and squash can all be made into noodles.
Because of this, you’ll need to make two decisions.
First, you’ll want to decide what kinds of vegetables you’ll want to transform into zoodles.
Then, you’ll need to look for spiralizers that specialize in certain vegetables.
Certain spiralizers can create zoodles out of any kind of vegetable. These are usually larger and more costly. If you want to create zoodles out of multiple kinds of vegetables, you’ll need to be aware that you’ll need to find a spiralizer that takes up more room and might cost more money.
However, if you are only interested in creating zoodles out of one or two kinds of vegetables, you might be able to spend less money and get a spiralizer that is smaller and less costly.
iv. How Much Money do You Plan on Spending on a Spiralizer?
One of the biggest misconceptions of spiralizers, or any device that is designed to cut anything into noodles is that you spend money only once on spiralizers.
This is not true. Along with the money that you spend on the spiralizing device, you’ll also be spending money on cleaning or replacing the blades in the device as well as cleaning the device itself, which will need to be cleaned more than you think.
Bigger spiralizing devices have bigger blades and parts, which may need to be replaced from time to time. That should go into your “spiralizer” budget. If you intend on buying a bigger spiralizer, you’ll need to be aware that money will probably need to go into it in the future.
This is why we mentioned what kind of effort you are willing to put in using the spiralizer. Smaller spiralizers may take a lot of effort to use, but they are far less costly and the blades that are used in them often do not need to be replaced as frequently as the blades in bigger spiralizers.
Tips on Using a Spiralizer
Before exploring some common questions and answers involving spiralizers, here are some useful tips that you can follow when using a spiralizer.
First, make sure the area around your spiralizer is clean. Leave a lot of room as well. Because spiralizers involve cutting and forming of any kind of object, there will be a lot to clean up after the spiralizing process is finished.
Thoroughly wash any vegetable that you intend to spiralize. Peel the skin of the vegetable you intend to spiralize as well. Small particles and especially skin can get caught in any spiralizer and this can make the process very troublesome.
Wash your hands, even if you are using an automatic spiralizer. Don’t forget that you are handling vegetables even when you are putting them into an automatic spiralizer. It is not only sanitary but it also will keep the vegetables involved flavorful.
As you use the spiralizer, be sure to check and clean out the openings on the ends of the spiralizer. Food particles can prevent a perfect spiral and can even clog up certain vegetables when spiralizing.
And finally, be patient and careful when using spiralizers, especially manual ones where you need to directly turn the blades. You want to make sure that the zoodles you create are similar to the other kinds of pasta you create, and this will take some time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Electric Spiralizers
Q: How do you spiralize by hand?
Ans: The best way to do this is to get a manual spiralizer where you can insert whatever vegetable that you want to spiralize into the device and then let the blade inside rotate everything. While it is possible to spiralize a vegetable by hand, it is extremely difficult. You will need to take a lot of time doing it and you will need to be very, very careful. To spiralize by hand, you need to create a start point, and end point, then cut along the vegetable as necessary. This is not easy to do.
Q: Can a food processor spiralize?
Ans: There is a difference between a food processor, a blender, and a spiralizer. A blender, of course, mixes anything placed inside of it into a liquid of sorts. A spiralizer can turn solid food objects into a pasta like object. Food processors can function as a blender, but can also cut and chop food objects. While some food processors have spiralizing functions, most do not.
Q: What should spiralize?
Ans: The answer to this question can be answered in two ways; what can spiralize and what should spiralize. There are three things that can spiralize: wheat and starch, certain vegetables, and ground beef. As far as what should spiralize, this is all a matter of what kind of dish you intend to make and if you believe it will be better if something that is spiralized will contribute to the dish.
How to Improve Your Health With A Vegetable Spiralizer
Thanks to the standard American diet, we are attracted to and have an aversion to certain foods.
Something we are attracted to are what is called “calorie dense” foods. Pasta is one of these kinds of foods, and what is known about pasta is that it is very starchy and does not contain a lot of nutritional value.
Vegetables have a lot of nutritional value, but often do not contain the kind of texture that pasta has.
A lot of people have an aversion to vegetables because it is not as stimulating to eat a cucumber, carrot, stalk of broccoli, or radish than it is to eat pasta.
Vegetable spiralizers change all of this, and they can give the very same vegetables that you were avoiding a similar texture to the pasta types of foods that you are so attracted to.
Now that you have the top five electric spiralizers that are among the best on the market, have you made up your mind? With such great options, it should be a no-brainer to select the electric spiralizer that will keep your family healthy and your culinary juices flowing. This review and buying guide is provided to help you make the next step in buying your electric spiralizer. With this versatile appliance, you have many attractive ways to present your veggies and fruits – the possibilities are endless. So, go ahead and select the electric spiralizer that will keep you and your family eating healthy and loving it.